WATER SERVICE AREA
Presently, the water system serves approximately 2,000 customers in Millersburg Borough and Upper Paxton Township. Average water usage is approximately 360,000 gallons per day. The Authority serves the entire Borough of Millersburg and areas of Upper Paxton Township adjacent to the Borough. The Authority has approximately 28 miles of water main, ranging in size from 2 inch through 24 inch diameter.
SOURCES OF WATER SUPPLY
Raw water supplies consist of 7 springs and 9 drilled wells. A surface water supply intake can also be utilized to supplement the raw water supplies. All water supplies can be treated at our Water Filtration Plant
101 West Street, Millersburg, PA 17061
A dual stage pressure filtration and chemical treatment system with a capacity of 1 million gallons per day, is designed to provide:
- Removal and disinfection of pathogenic organisms
- Removal of suspended solids and colloidal matter
- Reduction of iron and manganese
- Reduction of disinfection byproducts
- Optimization of fluoride concentrations
- Production of stable, noncorrosive water
© 2011 Millersburg Area Authority. All rights reserved.